Counting kilos, comparing kids, canvassing kindergartens and not a freak flag to be seen flying in the wind. If 30% of the Australian female population are of childbearing age and have children, what happened to their pasts?
What happened to the chicks that you shared a smoking stick of gum-root with before you could afford cigarettes? Where is the legend that caught my drunken vomit in a fry pan and fed it to her cheating boyfriend? I mean we are generation X, we were badly behaved ladies that had low expectations of making it to 40...am I the only disgrace that made it as a mummy?
I see glimmers of these former women in my child’s playground, but they are not telling. Is it because they are scared of being shunned from play dates? I cannot go onto the threshold of turning 40 pretending right now was planned. I would love it if a mummy said: “I love my little darling, I just wish I knew their father a bit better better and I was less wasted before I trusted him with putting on the condom.” Instead they call it love to make it respectable.
No comments:
Post a Comment